ECOPIA® Farms Direct produces exquisite, fresh vegetables year-round in our proprietary, organically certified farms. Our practices and processes set new standards of sustainability, food safety and conservation of critical resources. We deliver directly to local chefs and, now, to home chefs like you. We strive to deliver superior products and service to our clients every day. ECOPIA Farms Direct’s leading strengths include:
- Locally Grown – Our produce is fresher, tastier and more nutritious than what is transported across the country and most of what is produced locally.
- Land and Space Efficient – Our growing process is designed to take advantage of under-utilized warehouse space and vertical scalability. A 12,000 sq. ft. facility can produce the equivalent of 60 acres of traditional vegetable farmland.
- Unmatched Sustainability – According to the USDA, today’s farms average 72 gallons of water per lettuce head. We use 12 oz. Our use of local warehouse space and our solar-ready system also give us an energy footprint advantage.
- Always Available – Every day of the year, we harvest the produce you want at its peak.
- Completely Organic – We grow in living soil using only organic materials with absolutely no chemicals or sprays, and California Certified Organic Farms (CCOF) has certified our produce as USDA Organic.
ECOPIA Farms and ECOPIA Farms Direct have assembled an experienced leadership team. Dr. Ko Nishimura, our CEO, has an extensive background in high-volume manufacturing and led Solectron Corporation to a 12-year, 43-percent compounded growth performance as well as two Malcolm Baldridge Quality Awards. Chairman Sam Araki is a proven leader from the defense industry who transformed Lockheed Aerospace from a large aircraft company into a renowned aerospace systems enterprise.